Beef Fondue (Fondue Chinoise)
Cooking Info- Fondue Chinoise is a Chinese Hot pot prepared with a simmering aromatic beef broth at the centre of the dinner table, containing a variety of East Asian ingredients. Typical hot pot include thinly sliced meat, vegetables, mushroom, tofu.
4 cups (1 lt) low sodium beef broth
2 tbsp (10 gr) soy sauce
2 tbsp (10 gr) dry sherry
3 thin slices ginger root
2 green onions slice
1-cup (250 gr) light mayonnaise
1 pc star anise spice seed
3 tablespoon (20 gr) chipotle chile
11/2 pound (725 gr) thinly sliced strip loin steak
3 Portobello mushroom
- Combine broth, soy sauce, sherry, ginger and green onions in a medium saucepan or fondue pot.
- Bring all the ingredients to a boil, when come to a boil lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 min
- Mix the mayonnaise with the chipotle and set aside as a dip sauce.
- Cut the steak in thin slices and the Portobello into ¼ inch thick slices and arrange on a platter.
- Bring the broth to a boil insert the meat and mushroom on fondue stick, place in hot broth.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until meat is cooked through.
- Serve with chipotle mayonnaise.
This is classical. Other options are vegetable partially cooked for the beef fondue.
Oil fondue you have many other options if you want to do as well for another night.
Prep Time = 15 mins
Cook Time = 45 mins
Ready in = 1 hrs
Wine Pairing- Pinot Noir
Juice Pairing- Pomegranate Me A Wish
“Share & Share” — “Appreciate you sharing our recipe below”
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..