- 1 litre low sodium beef broth
- 10 grams soy sauce
- 10 grams dry sherry
- 3 thin slices ginger root
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 250 grams light mayonnaise
- 1 piece star anise spice seed
- 20 grams chipotle chili
- 725 grams thinly sliced strip loin steak
- 3 portobello mushrooms
- Combine broth, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, and green onions in a medium saucepan or fondue pot.
- Bring all the ingredients to a boil, when come to a boil lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 min.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the chipotle and set aside as a dipping sauce.
- Cut the steak in thin slices and the Portobello into ¼ inch thick slices and arrange on a platter.
- Bring the broth to a boil insert the meat and mushroom on fondue stick, place in the hot broth.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until meat is cooked through.
- Serve with chipotle mayonnaise.