- 500 ml mason jar with lid (sterilized in boiling water)
- 2 pieces large pickling cucumber (washed and scrubbed)
- 25 grams red bell peppers, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- 50 grams cooking onins
- 20 grams kosher salt
- 250 ml apple cider vinegar
- 200 grams sugar
- 2 grams yellow mustard seed
- 1 gram fennel seed
- 1/2 gram red pepper flakes
- 1/2 gram ground cloves
- Cut the cucumber, bell peppers and onions into 1 cm thick slices.
- Combine Vegetables and salt in a medium size bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour drain excess liquid from the vegetables and rinse them in cold running water and pat them dry on a clean cloth.
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a pot over medium heat making sugar as dissolved. Add the mustard seed, fennel seed, red pepper flakes and ground cloves and bring it to a boil.
- Add the reserve vegetables and cook for 3 more minutes until fully heated through.
- Add the pickles into the 500 ml sterilized glass jar and let them pickle for 4 hours before serving.