Chilled Asparagus Soup
with Goat Cheese & Smoked Salmon
This dish is inspired by the freshness of wonderful green asparagus with a traditional pairing of goat cheese and smoked salmon, but we are going to enjoy them as a wonderful spring chilled soup.
Take time to plan your week by setting aside cook together time and plan the meal in advance for simplicity and easy when cooking together.
- 600 gr green asparagus
- 1 ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pc of diced celery
- 2 table spoon olive oil
- ½ cup of diced leeks white part only
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chopped chives
- 4 leaf of fresh mint
- 4 sliced of smoked salmon
- 4-table spoon of fresh goat cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Few drops of Tasbasco
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean your asparagus and reserve 1 cup of asparagus spears for garnish.
- In a medium size pot sweat olive oil with celery and leeks ( make sure you don’t give any color).
- Steam di asparagus in a small amount of water until tender for about 10 minutes, drain and cool in ice water.
- Add the wine to the leek and celery mixer and let evaporate, when alcohol has evaporate add the stock and cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow the liquid is completely cold prior of blending.
- Using a Vitamix or a blender combine the asparagus (remember to keep the cup of asparagus spears for garnish) the chilled stock and leeks mixture and blend.
- Add the sour cream and fresh herbs at the last minute avoiding to over blend.
- Your mixture should be smooth and silky.
- In a small bowl mix the goat cheese until soft and silky adjust with salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of smoked salmon on a peace of plastic wrap add a spoon of creamy goat cheese and roll like a cigar around the plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning to your pea puree making sure is smooth and silky .
- Ladle the soup in a soup bowl and presented with a small garnish of smoked salmon goat cheese cigar.
Chilled Asparagus Soup with Goat Cheese & Smoked Salmon is paired with our Popeyes Heaven Juice.
“Share & Share” — “Appreciate you sharing our recipe below”
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..