Chilled Asparagus Soup
with Goat Cheese & Smoked Salmon
This dish is inspired by the freshness of wonderful green asparagus with a traditional pairing of goat cheese and smoked salmon, but we are going to enjoy them as a wonderful spring chilled soup.
Take time to plan your week by setting aside cook together time and plan the meal in advance for simplicity and easy when cooking together.
- 600 gr green asparagus
- 1 ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pc of diced celery
- 2 table spoon olive oil
- ½ cup of diced leeks white part only
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chopped chives
- 4 leaf of fresh mint
- 4 sliced of smoked salmon
- 4-table spoon of fresh goat cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Few drops of Tasbasco
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean your asparagus and reserve 1 cup of asparagus spears for garnish.
- In a medium size pot sweat olive oil with celery and leeks ( make sure you don’t give any color).
- Steam di asparagus in a small amount of water until tender for about 10 minutes, drain and cool in ice water.
- Add the wine to the leek and celery mixer and let evaporate, when alcohol has evaporate add the stock and cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow the liquid is completely cold prior of blending.
- Using a Vitamix or a blender combine the asparagus (remember to keep the cup of asparagus spears for garnish) the chilled stock and leeks mixture and blend.
- Add the sour cream and fresh herbs at the last minute avoiding to over blend.
- Your mixture should be smooth and silky.
- In a small bowl mix the goat cheese until soft and silky adjust with salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of smoked salmon on a peace of plastic wrap add a spoon of creamy goat cheese and roll like a cigar around the plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning to your pea puree making sure is smooth and silky .
- Ladle the soup in a soup bowl and presented with a small garnish of smoked salmon goat cheese cigar.
Chilled Asparagus Soup with Goat Cheese & Smoked Salmon is paired with our Popeyes Heaven Juice.
“Share & Share” — “Appreciate you sharing our recipe below”
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..
Follow us Facebook for daily inspiration
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for videos tips
Rich Life Strategist and Health Advocate Anita Heidema has always had juicing with every dinner as a child. Anita’s mother would create for health reason to make sure the family would always have their proper nutrition throughout the day. Now the chef team has teamed up to bring juicing to your home with a combination of flavours as well with Dario’s chef experience.
First release of the juice pairing came last year as Anita was creating her juicing series for health, immune boosting, weight loss metabolic and later entertaining series. Anita herself was looking at losing extra pounds. She researched and experimented with various combinations and boosters. “It makes sense and the combinations of flavours with food is an ultimate experience in addition to the series we offer”. As foodies out there try the experience is has been taking off. Many will still do the wine pairing but will experience the juice experience as well with meals and juice series for health .
If you are new to juicing, then you should check out the video on what different types of juicing there is out there and how you want to create juice. Subscribe as more material comes available.
Bonus Immune Booster Juice recipe.