Corn Bread with Spicy Salmon & Tangerines Mojo
- 4 pieces of salmon 100gr each
- ½ bunch of thyme
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- 1 pc cinnamon stick
- 1 tea spoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon of sambal
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tangerine peeled
- 2 clove of garlic sliced
- ½ red onion finely diced
- ½ tea spoon of smoked chipotle
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 3 table spoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 170-gr corn meal yellow
- 100-gr bread flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 whole eggs
- 80 gr melted butter
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees combine all the dry ingredients for the corn bread first
- Beat the eggs on a separate bowl, add milk and melted butter.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ones and bake it on two-parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marination , and pour in a zip-log bag with the salmon and marinate for 1 hour.
- For the tangerine mojo, peeled and remove all the white filaments from tangerine and set in a small bowl.
- Combined all the remaining ingredients and cover the tangerine with the vinaigrette. Cover and set in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove the corn bread from the oven and let it rest in a warm place.
- Remove the salmon from marination and sear on a hot cast iron pan 3 minutes each side and finish in a 375 degrees oven and cook medium rare (125 degrees F).
- Present your perfectly cook salmon on a bed of spring greens warm corn bread and dress with room temperature Tangerine Mojo.
- Buon Appetito
Corn Bread with Spicy Salmon & Tangerines Mojo pairs with our Ginger Spice Juice or a White Zinfandel.
“Share & Share” — “Appreciate you sharing our recipe below”
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..
Follow us Facebook for daily inspiration
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for videos tips
Rich Life Strategist and Health Advocate Anita Heidema has always had juicing with every dinner as a child. Anita’s mother would create for health reason to make sure the family would always have their proper nutrition throughout the day. Now the chef team has teamed up to bring juicing to your home with a combination of flavours as well with Dario’s chef experience.
First release of the juice pairing came last year as Anita was creating her juicing series for health, immune boosting, weight loss metabolic and later entertaining series. Anita herself was looking at losing extra pounds. She researched and experimented with various combinations and boosters. “It makes sense and the combinations of flavours with food is an ultimate experience in addition to the series we offer”. As foodies out there try the experience is has been taking off. Many will still do the wine pairing but will experience the juice experience as well with meals and juice series for health .
If you are new to juicing, then you should check out the video on what different types of juicing there is out there and how you want to create juice. Subscribe as more material comes available.
Bonus Immune Booster Juice recipe.