Corn Bread with Spicy Salmon & Tangerines Mojo
- 4 pieces of salmon 100gr each
- ½ bunch of thyme
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- 1 pc cinnamon stick
- 1 tea spoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon of sambal
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tangerine peeled
- 2 clove of garlic sliced
- ½ red onion finely diced
- ½ tea spoon of smoked chipotle
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 3 table spoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 170-gr corn meal yellow
- 100-gr bread flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 4 whole eggs
- 80 gr melted butter
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees combine all the dry ingredients for the corn bread first
- Beat the eggs on a separate bowl, add milk and melted butter.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ones and bake it on two-parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marination , and pour in a zip-log bag with the salmon and marinate for 1 hour.
- For the tangerine mojo, peeled and remove all the white filaments from tangerine and set in a small bowl.
- Combined all the remaining ingredients and cover the tangerine with the vinaigrette. Cover and set in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove the corn bread from the oven and let it rest in a warm place.
- Remove the salmon from marination and sear on a hot cast iron pan 3 minutes each side and finish in a 375 degrees oven and cook medium rare (125 degrees F).
- Present your perfectly cook salmon on a bed of spring greens warm corn bread and dress with room temperature Tangerine Mojo.
- Buon Appetito
Corn Bread with Spicy Salmon & Tangerines Mojo pairs with our Ginger Spice Juice or a White Zinfandel.
“Share & Share” — “Appreciate you sharing our recipe below”
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..