Easter Dinner tips and recipes for your family during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Easter Dinner tips and recipes for your family because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Make some adjustments for Easter during the corona pandemic does not mean you have to give up delicious meals and most importantly traditions with those you love. With “out of the box thinking” you can still enjoy time with the family and do a video dinner with others you would normally share time with.
We have adjusted our way of doing our dinner parties with our International Dinner Club since the pandemic and quarantine came into place.
Easter Family Dinner Ideas
1. We do the recipes as best we can with what we have in the fridge. Substitutions if we can’t get at the store add flair to our culinary skills. Get a recipe from our International Dinner Club and/or from the Easter meal ideas below and tweak if need be. See our substitution ideas list.
2. Make the meals and you can make and bring to the other family members (if they are not in your home) and leave on their porch. Because you can invent this like you wish. Each person makes their own and you video at the dinner table or share one portions with others and plan a time to video chat with them.
3. There are many video chat options depending on how many people you want on the line. Zoom has been working the best for us.
4. Add some creativity to the Easter. For our International Dinner Club we have trivia questions of the country of the month. Add some fun.
5. You can decorate into an Easter theme. Set the table. Have the kids join in. Keep the traditions alive as best you can. With our dinner club since the pandemic there have been more families involved to create some fun nights as the kids learn about different cuisine and countries. Or decorate and do with your friends because connections are still king.
6. Meal Plan is the best option to keep stress down and enjoy the meal with those you are quarantined with. Because we are thinking of you we have our free Meal & Grocery Planner to help if you wish here.
For Easter this year, and every year, the most important is to be together with those you love. Finding ways to do this will brighten up your day and give you a better outlook for our future globally. These are pivoting times and we need to keep focused and lower our stress for our health, that of our communities and globally.
Passion Is Cooking Chef Dario Tomaselli & Anita Heidema creating healthy meals with what is available in your fridge and pantry.
You can still make a turkey if you have in the freeze or have bought at the grocery store. This is Anita’s favourite for Easter dinner.
Here is the how to video to a juicy turkey here–
Same is true for a Lamb. Lamb is Chef Dario’s favourite for Easter dinner and he knows how to make the most delicious rack of lamb. Here is the how to cook lamb video here–
Homemade Orecchiette Pasta
If you are limited with what you have at home you can make homemade Orecchiette Pasta for dinner with water, durum semolina and flour. This is easy and fun to do with the family because it keeps you busy and cooking together.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi is also a recipe you can make if you are limited with what you have in the kitchen. All you need is potato, eggs and flour. See how to video here
For sauces you can add what you like. As Dario is a professional Italian chef and he teaches chefs how to get their masters in Italian cuisine. Basically, he know his stuff.
Here are some ideas here
Pesto Sauce Video-
One Pot Chicken
One Post Chicken is another option to try here and/or you can go totally off tradition and have homemade pizza with ideas here.
Shop recommendation for you for the recipes-
Whatever you decide to do we want to wish you and your family a healthy Easter. Be safe..
Glad you joined us here for our blog and hope to see you in our What’s Stirring community or over in our social channels.
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist & Health Advocate Anita Heidema share a common goal.
To live passionately in all ways important.
Food is a conduit to your relationships, health and so delicious.
Come sign up for our weekly newsletter What’s Stirring to be in the know for cooking tips, recipes, travel ideas, and updates for our International Dinner Club including when our next culinary retreat to Italy will be launched for 2021.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for recipes, talks, tips and more!