Fish In A Bag
This dish is inspired by Anita preparing for the kids years ago and now adding a chef delectable flavor twist to it. Nice and easy to prepare, all the flavors are trapped in a beautiful parcel and gives your guest a WOW factor when presented.
- 4 pc Atlantic cod (80 gr each)
- 2 whole garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 50 gr black olives (infornata)
- 1 white onion finely sliced
- 4 pcs white baby potatoes
- 1 pc of fennel finely sliced
- 1 ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 sprig of fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold water and boil until tender.
- Remove from water and season with salt and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl cut cherry tomatoes in half, combine with the finely sliced fennel and black olives and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a skillet sauté the white onion with the sliced garlic in olive oil at medium heat. Allow the onion and garlic to cook together until they reach a pale amber color.
- Add the onion and garlic to the tomatoes and fennel bowl, incorporate the boiled potatoes sliced.
- At this point adjust for seasoning and add fresh basil and tarragon.
- Cut one square piece of parchment paper, place a small amount of vegetables tomato mixture in the center
- Add one piece of the skinless cod, seasoned with salt and pepper add the white wine and more olive oil.
- Wrap the fish with the parchment paper creating a half moon parcel, crimp the edges from one end to the next.
- Set the fish parcel on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the paper to your guest.
- As soon is at the table with a pair of scissor and cut the top of the pouch and allow the aroma to escape.
Juice – Amore Your Tomato Juice
Wine – Pinot noir
Fish In A Bag paired with our Juicing Amore Your Tomato.
“Share & Share” — “Appreciate you sharing our recipe below”
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..