Gnocchi Di Ricotta Della Nonna
This dish is inspired by us wanting to give a wonderful different approach to gnocchi by using fresh ricotta instead of potatoes, having the flavors of the seafood creating a natural sauce.
- 500 grams fresh ricotta
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 50 gram grated parmigiano reggiano
- 100 gram fresh mussels
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Fresh basil and fresh mint
- 4 pcs vine ripe tomato (skin and seeds removed and cut into strips)
- 50 gram fresh spring green peas
- 12 shrimps 16/20 size
- 1 shallot slice.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Combine flour ricotta eggs parmigiano and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and begin to mix. (Make sure you do not over mix)
- Form a small mass, and begin to cut in small sausage shape and roll.
- Cut the small sausage in 2 cm gnocchetti.
- Make sure after you have made all the gnocchi to keep them in the fridge.
- Open the mussels in a pot with olive oil and 1 whole clove of garlic bring it to heat and add the clean mussels.
- Deglaze with white wine and cover until mussels will be open (approx. 4 minutes)
- Remove the pot from the stove allow to cool
- Removed the meat and discard the shells of the mussels and make sure you pass the liquid to a fine strainer and pour it over the mussels’ meat.
- In a skillet heat up the olive oil, lightly sear the clean shrimps shells removed (about 4 minutes)
- Removed shrimps and set aside. In the same skillet add the sliced Shallotte the vine tomato and the fresh peas.
- Deglaze with the mussels liquid and let it cook for about 3 minutes
- Add mussels and shrimps and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil season with coarse salt.
- Add the gnocchi and steer gently for 30 second.
- Allow gnocchi to come to surface and with a small spider removed them from the water and add them into your skillet with the shrimps and mussels sauce.
- Mix gently the gnocchi with the sauce and make sure you have sufficient liquid, add the grated parmigiano and fresh meant leaf and basil leaf.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
- Buon appetito
Gnocchi Di Ricotta Della Nonna is paired with our Ginger Pearing Time or Italian Sangiovese wine.
“Share & Share” — “Appreciate you sharing our recipe below”
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..
Follow us Facebook for daily inspiration
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for videos tips
Rich Life Strategist and Health Advocate Anita Heidema has always had juicing with every dinner as a child. Anita’s mother would create for health reason to make sure the family would always have their proper nutrition throughout the day. Now the chef team has teamed up to bring juicing to your home with a combination of flavours as well with Dario’s chef experience.
First release of the juice pairing came last year as Anita was creating her juicing series for health, immune boosting, weight loss metabolic and later entertaining series. Anita herself was looking at losing extra pounds. She researched and experimented with various combinations and boosters. “It makes sense and the combinations of flavours with food is an ultimate experience in addition to the series we offer”. As foodies out there try the experience is has been taking off. Many will still do the wine pairing but will experience the juice experience as well with meals and juice series for health .
If you are new to juicing, then you should check out the video on what different types of juicing there is out there and how you want to create juice. Subscribe as more material comes available.
Bonus Immune Booster Juice recipe.