Gnocchi Di Ricotta Della Nonna
This dish is inspired by us wanting to give a wonderful different approach to gnocchi by using fresh ricotta instead of potatoes, having the flavors of the seafood creating a natural sauce.
- 500 grams fresh ricotta
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 50 gram grated parmigiano reggiano
- 100 gram fresh mussels
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Fresh basil and fresh mint
- 4 pcs vine ripe tomato (skin and seeds removed and cut into strips)
- 50 gram fresh spring green peas
- 12 shrimps 16/20 size
- 1 shallot slice.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Combine flour ricotta eggs parmigiano and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and begin to mix. (Make sure you do not over mix)
- Form a small mass, and begin to cut in small sausage shape and roll.
- Cut the small sausage in 2 cm gnocchetti.
- Make sure after you have made all the gnocchi to keep them in the fridge.
- Open the mussels in a pot with olive oil and 1 whole clove of garlic bring it to heat and add the clean mussels.
- Deglaze with white wine and cover until mussels will be open (approx. 4 minutes)
- Remove the pot from the stove allow to cool
- Removed the meat and discard the shells of the mussels and make sure you pass the liquid to a fine strainer and pour it over the mussels’ meat.
- In a skillet heat up the olive oil, lightly sear the clean shrimps shells removed (about 4 minutes)
- Removed shrimps and set aside. In the same skillet add the sliced Shallotte the vine tomato and the fresh peas.
- Deglaze with the mussels liquid and let it cook for about 3 minutes
- Add mussels and shrimps and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil season with coarse salt.
- Add the gnocchi and steer gently for 30 second.
- Allow gnocchi to come to surface and with a small spider removed them from the water and add them into your skillet with the shrimps and mussels sauce.
- Mix gently the gnocchi with the sauce and make sure you have sufficient liquid, add the grated parmigiano and fresh meant leaf and basil leaf.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
- Buon appetito
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..