- 1.2 kg Yukon Gold potato
- 225 grams Gruyere cheese grated
- 100 grams Gorgonzola
- 500 ml milk
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 grams grainy mustard
- Salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Peel the potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- Place some of the potatoes in layers in a buttered baking dish
- Season with salt, pepper and a small amount of nutmeg and sprinkle a little bit of the cheese.
- Repeat until all the potatoes and about half of the cheese is used up.
- In a small pot, combine the milk and half of the cream and heat up to simmer (make sure not to boil).
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks with the remaining cream, slowly stir into the hot milk mixture, and season with grainy mustard and smoked paprika.
- Pour the milk mixture over the layer potatoes, top with remaining cheese and bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven uncovered for 45 to 60 minutes until ready and golden brown.
- Allow to set for 20 minutes once are out of the oven.