Holiday Party Appetizer Yorkshire Bites Recipe
Dinner guests will rave over this Yorkshire bite appetizer with smoke salmon, maple pickled onions, and crème fraiche.
The holiday times are for fun and time with those you care about. It can get busy with all the events over the season and parties you have to go to. Dario and Anita enjoy time with friends and this bitesize piece of heaven that was a Rockstar.
Easy to make and easy to eat.
It is always nice having that one staple hit that you bring to the events and then it is always nice to have some new appetizer idea that everyone will love.
You want to create that easy showstopper food that is different.
Great for Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter or event you want to create in advance and have set to add toppings last minute if you wish.
Make the whole appetizer piece and put in a proper tray to top when you wish.
Don’t miss any of our recipes for a fab Food Life with our What’s Stirring bi-weekly newsletters.
Yorkshire Pudding Appetizer bites with Smoked Salmon Canadian Maple Pickled Onion & Crème Fraiche
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tablespoon for greasing the muffin tin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmigiano reggiano grated
- 100 gr dry porcini soaked in warm water
- 1 clove minced garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees cut the butter in small cubes and place it in the muffin tin.
- In a skillet add olive oil with minced garlic chopped the hydrate porcini and sauté them with garlic and olive oil until soften, season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs and flour whisk in the milk making sure you avoid any lumps.
- Combine to the mix the cool down porcini mushroom and grated Parmigiano, set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- Place the buttered muffin tin in the oven to heat up
- Avoiding to burn the butter, place the porcini parmigiano batter mix into each muffin mold filling up to three quarters
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown
Pickled Maple Onions and Horseradish Crème Fraiche
- 1 large red onion finely sliced
- 1 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon of water
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated horseradish
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped chives
- 6 slices of smoked salmon
- Combine the finely sliced onions with all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- When is to a boil simmer for about 20 minutes until obtaining a jam consistency, cool down and wait for assembly.
- Place your warm mini Yorkshire on a platter, top them with pickled onions put a thin slice of smoked salmon.
- Combine the sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice and chives mixed gently and adjust seasoning.
- Top the horseradish crème fraiche on each mini Yorkshire and enjoy.
Passion Is Cooking is all about food and connection and why Chef Dario & Anita started the globally shared community of the International Dinner Club.
Explore your Passions For a Food Life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal.
To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them and you.
Follow their journey and learn more…..