- 500 ml uncooked white or brown basmati rice
- 500 ml brown or green lentils
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 litres chopped greens (spinach, kale, or Swiss chard)
- 450 ml coconut milk
- 15 ml olive oil
- 45 ml Thai red curry paste
- 30 ml Plum tomato puree
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the lentils in a saucepan with 6 cups warm water. Bring to a low boil, then boil for about 20 minutes until tender to taste. Drain.
- Chop your vegetables and in your largest skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and sauté for several minutes until tender.
- When the lentils are done, add them to the skillet with the greens. Over medium-high heat, stir in the coconut milk, Thai red curry paste, tomato paste, salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Cook for a few minutes until heated through and the sauce is thickened.
- Always taste to your desire.