- 20 corn tortillas
- 800 grams grated Monterey jack cheese
- 300 grams black beans
- 400 grams ground beef
- 500 ml water
- 14 grams dry oregano
- 10 grams dry cumin
- 5 grams smoked chipotle in a can
- 100 grams sliced onions
- 400 ml sour cream
- Cilantro and oil to taste
- In a medium skillet heat up some oil, add the ground beef and cook until golden brown.
- Add the onions and the beans and cook until incorporate.
- Season with cumin, oregano, smoked chipotle and salt and coverwith water. Cook until all the liquid is absorbed and add thecoriander stems.
- Stuff the tortilla with a small amount of rice and beef mixture onthe centre, add the grated Monterrey Jack and roll up.
- Arrange the rolled tortilla on a glass casserole with some salsa roja on the bottom. Cover with remaining salsa and remaining cheese, bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve enchiladas with sour cream and fresh coriander.
- Optional: serve with guacamole or pico de gallo.