- 700 grams long grain rice
- 350 grams tomato puree
- 90 grams chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.75 litres chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the rice and soak for 30 minutes and drain well.
- Heat oil in a pot, add rice and stir over moderate heat until lightly brown.
- Add garlic, onions and tomato and cook until mixture is dry.
- Add the stock or water and salt and simmer uncovered over medium heat until liquid absorbs.
- Cover the pot, turn the heat extremely low and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Remove from the stove and set aside for next use.