- 8 pieces tomatillo (Mexican green tomato)
- 180 grams cooking onions, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 150 grams Green Chiles (Jalapeño or Serrano, fresh)
- 60 grams fresh cilantro
- 60 ml oil
- Salt to taste
- Remove the tomatillo from the husk and wash them under cold water.
- Cut the tomatillo in fourth and add them into a food blender with, onions, garlic, chilies and cilantro and blend until smooth puree.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the puree and cook for 4 to 5 minutes (until slightly thickened)
- Season with salt to taste.
(Note you can use red tomato instead of tomatillo if you can’t find them.) Equipment: https://linktr.ee/passioniscooking