Orecchiette alla Pugliese
Cooking Info- This is a simple pasta dish from the region of Puglie in the southern part of Italy. Orecchietta means little ear, the main ingredient is wheat.
Ingredients for the Orecchiette:
- 800 gr (2 pound) durum semolina
- 400 ml (3/4 cup) hot water
- 200 gr (1/2 cup) all purpose flour
For the sauce
- 600 gr (21 oz) broccoli florets
- 500 gr ( 17 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 100 ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 100 gr (4 oz)pecorino or parmigiano reggiano
- 40 gr (1.6 oz) anchovies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 10 gr (.3 oz) chili flakes
- 2 sprig of fresh mint
- Sea salt
- Make a mound of semolina in the center of your work surface and create a well add the water. Start incorporating the flour and knead to form a dough. Rest dough at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Take a 50-gr (size of a finger) piece of dough and roll into a 1 cm thick rope. With a knife, cut into 5 mm thick pieces.
- Coat your thumb with flour and press firmly in the center of the cut pieces of dough creating and ear shape (should be slightly thinner on one side and thicker on the other)
- Clean broccoli saving the flowers and leaves and wash them thoroughly. Discard the stem.
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil and add broccoli. Let them cook for 3 minutes and then add the pasta. Cook both for 2 to 4 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- In a large skillet, add the extra virgin olive oil, whole garlic cloves and anchovies and cook on low heat until the anchovies begin to melt into the oil. Add cherry tomatoes and chili flakes.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add to the skillet with a small amount of the cooking water, sprinkle with pecorino and the fresh mint, taste for seasoning and serve.
PREP TIME 30 MIN
COOK TIME: 15 MIN
READY IN: 1 HR 15 MIN
“Share & Share” — “Appreciate you sharing our recipe below”
[sociallocker] Download: Orecchiette alla Pugliese recipe [/sociallocker]
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..