Piri Piri Cornish Hen
with Warm Vegetable Salad
This dish is based on creating a wonderful barbecue alternative.
Take time to plan your week by setting aside cook together time and plan the meal in advance for simplicity and easy when cooking together.
Ingredients: for Cornish Hen Marination:
4 garlic cloves
2 lemon zest and jus
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1 teaspoon olive oil
For The Piri Piri
5 Red Chili
8 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 pc lemon juice and zest
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
5 tablespoons olive oil to taste
For the Vegetables salad:
3 red peppers
3 red onions (sliced 1cm lengthwise)
1 bunch of asparagus
3 portobello mushroom
3 cloves of garlic
½ loaf of crusty bread
1 bunch fresh basil
Salt & pepper to taste
Extra virgin olive oil to taste.
- Deboned the fresh Cornish hen by cutting it for the spine, remove the rib bones and wish bone.
- Prepare the Cornish Hen marination by crushing garlic and put it large zip lock bag, add lemon juice and zest, worchestershire and olive oil.
- Add the Cornish Hen and marinated over night in the refrigerator.
- For The PIRI PIRI, in a skillet chard the chilies and the garlic cloves (making sure the garlic has the skin on)
- Combine all the remaining PIRI-PIRI ingredient’s in a blender, add the roasted garlic and chilies with both skin removed.
- Blend all the ingredients and set aside in a mason jar until needed.
- Clean all the vegetables and sliced the crusty bread.
- Marinate the vegetables with two sliced garlic cloves, olive oil salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables until nice and chard
- Grill the bread slices and rubbed the remaining garlic cove just like making a bruschetta. Cut the slices in large dice and add them to the grill vegetables.
- Season the bread and chard vegetable salad with salt pepper olive oil and fresh leafs of basil and keep it warm.
- Remove the Cornish Hen from marination and set on a very hot grill.
- Seared the Cornish Hen on both side and the continue to cook on indirect heat on the barbecuing
- When Cornish Hen is almost ready start basting the last 10 minutes with the PIRI-PIRI sauce and allow the bird to reach the internal temperature of 165 degrees F
- Remove the Cornish Hen from the grill, let it rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve the Hen on top of the warm vegetable salad and drizzle the PIRI PIRI sauce.
Piri Piri Cornish Hen with Warm Vegetable Salad is paired with our Mint of Cucumber Juice.
“Share & Share” — “Unlock full recipe, juice and wine pairing by sharing below”
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..
Follow us Facebook for daily inspiration
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for videos tips
Rich Life Strategist and Health Advocate Anita Heidema has always had juicing with every dinner as a child. Anita’s mother would create for health reason to make sure the family would always have their proper nutrition throughout the day. Now the chef team has teamed up to bring juicing to your home with a combination of flavours as well with Dario’s chef experience.
First release of the juice pairing came last year as Anita was creating her juicing series for health, immune boosting, weight loss metabolic and later entertaining series. Anita herself was looking at losing extra pounds. She researched and experimented with various combinations and boosters. “It makes sense and the combinations of flavours with food is an ultimate experience in addition to the series we offer”. As foodies out there try the experience is has been taking off. Many will still do the wine pairing but will experience the juice experience as well with meals and juice series for health .
If you are new to juicing, then you should check out the video on what different types of juicing there is out there and how you want to create juice. Subscribe as more material comes available.
Bonus Immune Booster Juice recipe.