- 400 grams Carnaroli riso (rice)
- 60 grams unsalted butter
- 30 grams Parmigiano reggiano
- Pinch of saffron
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy bottom skillet sweat the onions with 10 gr of butter, add the rice and let it toast for 3 to 4 minutes (make sure no color) add the saffron and deglaze with white wine.
- When the wine as evaporated add the hot stock or water little at the time keep stirring.
- Continuing stirring the rice by adding liquid when start drying out.
- When the rice is cooked remove from the stove and begin the mantecatura. (emulsify)
- Mantecatura consist in adding the parmigiano and remaining butter in order to create a proper creaminess on the risotto.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.