Sausage and White Bean Cassoulet
This dish is inspired by me from our trip to this wonderful village in France called Montignac in Perigord, the wonderful stew is made with white bean and wonderful garlic sausage and some good Bordeaux wine. This is great comfort food, better to make the day before to allow flavors to combine better.
- 2 pound white navy bean (dry)
- 1 pound sausages (duck or lamb)
- 2 onions 1 diced and one left whole
- 3 carrots 2 cut in med diced 1 left whole
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ pound smoked bacon cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 1pound smoked sausages
- 2 cup red wine
- 2 cups of meat broth or water
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- Wash the beans well and put them in a large stockpot
- Add water to the beans and set over high eat
- After bean comes to a boil add whole carrot and whole onion 2 thyme sprigs and one bay leaf , lower the heat and let it simmer until the beans are mostly tender but still with a little bite to them (about 1 hr)
- On a separate large skillet pour the olive oil, add the bacon and cook stirring until crisp, remove the crispy bacon to a paper towel and reserve.
- To the same skillet, add the diced onions, carrots and garlic and sweat the mixture for 20 minutes, until translucent
- Sliced the (duck or lamb sausages) into ½ inch thick pieces and add them to the vegetables mix.
- Add the remaining bay leaf and thyme, the sliced smoked sausages and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste the red wine and let it evaporate.
- Add the meat broth or water; raise the heat to high bringing the mixture to boil.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the whole onion and carrot from the cook beans and add the cook beans to vegetables and sausage mix.
- Let the cassoulet simmer for another 25 minutes or until you reach a creamy consistency as the beans have absorbed most of the liquid.
- Spoon mixture into a plate or into an individual casserole dish, sprinkle the top with reserved crispy and served with a crusty garlic baguette on the side.
Sausage and White Bean Cassoulet paired with Pomegranate Me A Wish Juice.
“Share & Share” — “Appreciate you sharing our recipe below”
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..
Follow us Facebook for daily inspiration
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for videos tips
Rich Life Strategist and Health Advocate Anita Heidema has always had juicing with every dinner as a child. Anita’s mother would create for health reason to make sure the family would always have their proper nutrition throughout the day. Now the chef team has teamed up to bring juicing to your home with a combination of flavours as well with Dario’s chef experience.
First release of the juice pairing came last year as Anita was creating her juicing series for health, immune boosting, weight loss metabolic and later entertaining series. Anita herself was looking at losing extra pounds. She researched and experimented with various combinations and boosters. “It makes sense and the combinations of flavours with food is an ultimate experience in addition to the series we offer”. As foodies out there try the experience is has been taking off. Many will still do the wine pairing but will experience the juice experience as well with meals and juice series for health .
If you are new to juicing, then you should check out the video on what different types of juicing there is out there and how you want to create juice. Subscribe as more material comes available.
Bonus Immune Booster Juice recipe.