- 1 kg sweet potatoes
- 500 grams all purpose flour
- 200 grams grated parmigiano reggiano
- 4 leaves fresh sage
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated nutmeg (optional)
- Bake the sweet potatoes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F.
- On a clean surface, mix flour and 30 grams of grated parmigiano reggiano.
- Peel the baked sweet potatoes and rice them over the flour and parmigiano mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and grated nutmeg.
- Gently combine the ingredients together in order to obtain homogenous dough. Ensure all the ingredients are properly mixed together. (Make sure not to overwork the dough).
- Roll the dough into a 'sausage shape' (about 1/2 inch thick) and then cut it into pieces, about 3/4 inch long.
- To shape the gnocchi, pick up a piece of the dough, press it together with your finger tips against the tines of the fork, or to a wooden gnocchi paddle.
- Drop the gnocchi into a large pot of salted boiling water. When they float to surface, sauté in a skillet with melted butter and fresh sage. Add a little of the pasta water, sprinkle with grated parmigiano reggiano, and serve.