Swiss Cheese Fondue
Cooking Info – Classical starter for a meal or use for a get together event. Can be originally from Switzerland or France, a mix of phenomenal cheeses.
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 4 oz (400gr) Gruyere cheese grated
- 4 0z ( 100gr) Stonetown Grand Trunk cheese grated
- 4 0z (100gr) Emmenthal cheese grated
- 4 0z (100gr) Swiss cheese Vacherin grated
- 1 ½ cup ( 300 ml) dry white wine
- Splash of Kirsh to taste (optional)
- Crack black pepper to taste
- Fresh grated nutmeg to taste.
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 old day baguette cut in cubes ( non classic options are rye breads and rustic options you can experiment with and don’t forget to share with #picdin)
- Green apple cut into cubes
- Broccoli or cauliflowers lightly blanch
- Red pepper, sautéed artichoke hearts, pearl onions.
- Most of these are classical cheese fondue that is used. Saying that the culinary world is your oyster. Look at grilled meats, seafood, favourite vegetable and fun to explore.
- Brush the inside of a fondue pot with crushed garlic clove and then chopped finely and place them into the pot.
- Add the cheese, corn-starch, pepper and nutmeg
- Add the wine and cook over medium heat mixing continuously until cheese as melted and smooth
- Simmer slowly and adjust the seasoning.
- Place immediately on a fondue burner and serve with the dipping accompaniments.
Prep Time = 15 mins
Cook Time = 10 mins
Ready in = 45 mins
Wine Pairing – Riesling or Pinot Noir.
Juice Pairing – Ginger Spice.
“Share & Share” — “Appreciate you sharing our recipe below”
[sociallocker] Download: Swiss Cheese Fondue Recipe [/sociallocker]
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..