Yorkshire Pudding Appetizer Bites
with Smoked Salmon Maple Pickled Onions and Crème Fraiche
Yorkshire Pudding Bites
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 table spoon for greasing the muffin tin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmigiano reggiano grated
- 100 gr dry porcini soaked in warm water
- 1 clove minced garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees cut the butter in small cubes and place it in the muffin tin.
- In a skillet add olive oil with minced garlic chopped the hydrate porcini and sauté them with garlic and olive oil until soften, season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs and flour whisk in the milk making sure you avoid any lumps.
- Combine to the mix the cool down porcini mushroom and grated Parmigiano, set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- Place the buttered muffin tin in the oven to heat up
- Avoiding to burn the butter, place the porcini parmigiano batter mix into each muffin mold filling up to three quarters
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown
Pickled Maple Onions and Horseradish Crème Fraiche
- 1 large red onion finely sliced
- 1 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 table spoon of brown sugar
- 1 table spoon of maple syrup
- 3 table spoon of water
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tea spoon fresh grated horseradish
- 1 tea spoon of finely chopped chives
- 6 slices of smoked salmon
- Combine the finely sliced onions with all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- When is to a boil simmer for about 20 minutes until obtaining a jam consistency, cool down and wait for assembly.
- Place your warm mini Yorkshire on a platter, top them with pickled onions put a thin slice of smoked salmon.
- Combine the sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice and chives mixed gently and adjust seasoning.
- Top the horseradish crème fraiche on each mini Yorkshire and enjoy.
- Bon appetite
“Share & Share” — “Appreciate you sharing our recipe below”
Explore your passion for life
Chef Dario Tomaselli and Rich Life Strategist Anita Heidema share a common goal. To live the rest of their days passionately in all ways important to them.
Follow their journey and learn more…..
Follow us Facebook for daily inspiration
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for videos tips
Rich Life Strategist and Health Advocate Anita Heidema has always had juicing with every dinner as a child. Anita’s mother would create for health reason to make sure the family would always have their proper nutrition throughout the day. Now the chef team has teamed up to bring juicing to your home with a combination of flavours as well with Dario’s chef experience.
First release of the juice pairing came last year as Anita was creating her juicing series for health, immune boosting, weight loss metabolic and later entertaining series. Anita herself was looking at losing extra pounds. She researched and experimented with various combinations and boosters. “It makes sense and the combinations of flavours with food is an ultimate experience in addition to the series we offer”. As foodies out there try the experience is has been taking off. Many will still do the wine pairing but will experience the juice experience as well with meals and juice series for health .
If you are new to juicing, then you should check out the video on what different types of juicing there is out there and how you want to create juice. Subscribe as more material comes available.
Bonus Immune Booster Juice recipe.