- Glass mason jar
- 3 medium green zucchinis, sliced into 1.4 rounds
- Vegetable oil or grapeseed oil for frying
- 150 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 cup of mixed fresh basil, mint and chives (thinly sliced)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 grams red pepper flakes (or 1 small fresh chili pepper)
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large heavy sauce pan pour the vegetable oil, just enough to fry your zucchini.
- Bring the oil temperature to 350 degrees F, and make sure you have set up a large plate lined with paper towel.
- Add the zucchini in the hot oil in batches, stirring occasionally until light golden (approximately 3 minutes)
- Transfer the fry zucchini on the plate lined with paper towel in order to release the excess fat and season immediately with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the zucchini in a wide heatproof jar or a glass vessel, immediately add the vinegar and the fresh herbs, add the garlic slices, the red pepper flakes and let them cool cover with plastic wrap (making sure everything is well mixed).
- Marinate in the fridge for 3 hours.
- To serve, transfer the zucchini in a serving plater, drizzle with same extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Perfect to serve on a Garlic bread crostino