Zucchini Spaghetti al Pomodoro Classico
This dish is inspired by the simplicity of a fresh classical tomato sauce pair with crunchy zucchini spaghetti treads. This is a great dish for someone who has a gluten intolerance or vegetarian.
- 3 green zucchini
- 1 ½ cup passata di pomodoro (tomato puree)
- 1 clove of garlic (green center removed)
- 10 gram of white onion finally diced
- 4 leaf of fresh basil
- 2-table spoon freshly grated parmigiano reggiano.
- 3 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
- Using a spaghetti tool cut the washed zucchini into threads
- In a medium size skillet add olive oil at medium heat, add the whole garlic and roasted gently until soft and golden.
- Remove garlic from skillet and set aside, add the finely diced onions and cook until translucent.
- As the onions become translucent, add our passata di pomodoro and cook at medium low temperature for about 10 minutes.
- As the tomato sauce is ready adjust with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pan from the stove , add the zucchini spaghetti and allow them to soften into the warm sauce.
- Tossed the zucchini noodles with the sauce drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and parmigiano reggiano.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed break with your hand the fresh basil leaves and serve.
- Buon appetito.
Cook together to stay together
Learn tips on how to create healthy chef-made recipes & juices at home as an easy and fun way to reconnect and spend quality time with your friends, family or your significant other, just like our families did generations ago.